Halpert Life Safety Consulting, Sharron Halpert
Today’s guest is Sharron Halpert, owner of Halpert Life Safety Consulting. Sharron has been involved in multiple aspects of the Passive Fire Protection industry for over 15 years. She is truly a pioneer in a traditionally male dominated industry.
- Sharron’s Background
- A rich history of volunteer work.
- Santa’s Helper at Ranfurley Home for Children in Nassau, Bahamas as well has the HOPSHA Christmas Party.
- Humane Society.
- Habitat for Humanity
- Passion for Teaching
- Started when she was 12 helping exchange students learn English.
- Taught Kindergarten in Japan
- Passion for teaching has helped her in teaching building code by adapting her style.
- Helping people build better.
- $19 Billion worth of Projects in the last 14 years
- Worked on Baha Mar in the Bahamas on site.
- One Ocean Condominiums in the Bahamas
- City Center Las Vegas
- Other Services
- Identifying issues in current buildings.
- Following attacks on 9/11, helped development testing and evaluation to comply with Department of Homeland Security standards.
- Woman Owned Business in New Jersey
- Certified by Port Authority of New York/New Jersey
- Started in Firestop over 20 years ago and fell in love with the impact it had on building safety.
- No intention of being an entrepreneur, but has been in business for over a decade.
- Work with Clients
- Anyone who wants to do things the right way and build better. IE Contractors, building owners etc.
- Series of videos to teach new skillsets.
- Help understand requirements, codes and standards.
- 3rd party special inspection and Fire Stop
Passionate. That’s the first word that comes to mind when you meet and work with Sharron Halpert and her firestop team. She understands how critically important firestop is to the level of life safety of a building. Sharron has the utmost concern for the safety of the building’s occupants, the first responders, as well as the building and its contents. Sharron has been involved in multiple aspects of the firestop and passive fire protection business for over 15 years. As a successful woman in a traditionally male-oriented business, she is a pioneer. Sharron’s experience includes inspection, quality control, value engineering, code consultation, education, training, documentation, product development, sales, and customer support. Her portfolio of projects ranges from a basic “stick-built” 4-story 100-unit condo, to a 16.8 million sq. ft. $9.6 billion mixed-use complex
About Halpert Life Safety
Halpert Life Safety Consulting LLC’s mission is to make a colossal impact on the:
- Level of life safety of your building
- Talent of your people.
We provide consultation, training, quality control and third party special inspection related to firestop and passive fire protection. We work on new construction projects, as well as existing buildings. HLS Consulting can train your Quality Control team to look critically and accurately at firestop installations. Or if you prefer, we can conduct your in-house Quality Control. We even provide the Third Party Special Inspection of installed firestop.
Bring HLS Consulting onto your team and see the difference we can make.
About STI Firestop
Since 1990 Specified Technologies, Inc. (STI) is a global leader in the firestopping industry. The company manufactures a wide array of products and technologies to provide passive fire protection. Headquartered in Somerville, NJ, STI has sales offices all over the globe. STI Marine is a Division of STI that specializes in marine fire protection in the cruise line, offshore oil and gas, and general maritime industry. STI Marine’s product line consists of a full range of products used for penetration seals and cable transits in fire-rated bulkheads and decks, including water-tight firestop sealants, firestop collars for plastic piping, and an innovative cable transit device. All products comply with the IMO FTP Code and are subject to various Type Approvals include MED, DNV GL, Lloyds Register, ABS, USCG, BV, RINA and more…