Choose the right sealant
Lumber plate designs
Our UL® Certified Systems are diverse enough to cover a wide array of lumber plate designs. Systems we offer are available for a variety of different conditions:
- Standard 2 x 4, 2 x 6, or staggered stud wall framing
- Single or double top plate designs
- Discontinuous top plates bridged with steel nail protection plates
- Square or round openings in plates
- Rated or non-rated gypsum boar
Wood Frame Firestop & fireblocking
Wood shrinks. Buildings can settle. In some areas of the country, buildings are designed for seismic situations. That is why we formulated WF300 Firestop Caulk. During installation, the product is great for overhead applications and offers adhesion to wood and gypsum. Once dry, it forms a flexible membrane that can accommodate various building movements.Watch More Videos
Wood Frame Firestop Applications
Plastic pipe is common in wood-framed buildings. Our WF300 caulk is engineered to be safe for use with most common plastics. Capable of intumescent expansion up to 60x and backed by the most comprehensive package of UL® Certified Systems, we are the perfect choice for your next wood frame project.
- Complete membrane tests for metal pipes/conduits, plastic pipes/conduits, cables, and ductwork
- Electrical outlet box testing for metal or plastic outlet boxes, metal or plastic faceplates, and ganged box configurations with putty pads or box inserts
- Plastic washing machine outlet boxes
- Large recessed electrical panels
Fireblocks are required at locations where concealed spaces must be blocked to resist the passage of flames and hot gases.
Tools & Resources
We’ve curated an extensive collection of tools and resources tailored to meet the specific needs of professionals in the industry. Our assortment focuses on functional tools and references for Firestop solutions, providing professionals with the knowledge, guidance, and tools necessary to ensure safety, compliance, and precision in their projects, ultimately enhancing the integrity of their construction work.
- Guided search for finding the right firestop system for your condition and building Firestop Submittals for submission to your AHJ
- Find firestop systems on your phone, tablet, or the web
- Streamlined firestop system submittal package
- Integrate user documents, company logos, and Engineering Judgements
Automatically find firestop systems from within AutoDesk® Revit®
Track fire life safety systems on your project via your tablet, phone, or web browser.
Find any and all LEED Credits associated with our firestop products in one place
The Firestop University gives you access to all of STI’s learning material and product tutorials.
Access Guide Specifications for products or solutions for common Firestop issues.
These powerful tools guarantee the right systems are selected for the fastest and most cost-effective installation for all your projects.
WF300 Intumescent Firestop Caulk Installation
WF300 Intumescent Firestop Caulk is a latex-based firestop caulk designed for residential wood frame construction. WF300 Caulk is tested for addressing penetrations through wood/frame
Wood Frame Brochure
STI's Wood Frame fire & smoke products.
SmokeBlock 200 Installation
EBLOCK Fireblocking Foam installs in seconds filling voids and annular spaces around penetrants preventing the spread of smoke and hot gasses. SMOKEBLOCK Fireblocking Foam can be applied in both vertical and horizontal applications
What is the difference between firestop and fireblock?
The terms firestop and fireblock are very similar sounding, but there are critical differences betweenthese two practices. Here are the major differences: