Luke Connery – Conquest Firespray
- Attended Worcester Polytechnic Institute
- Time on the football team helped develop skills needed in the professional world.
- Studied mechanical engineering
- System design engineer at Kidde-Fenwal, assessing explosion risk
- Went to Tyco and worked on the suppression side of the business
- Introduced to the lab and fire testing
- Developed and patented a mist fire protection system
- Use less water than sprinkler
- Joined business development role at Tyco as the first engineer brought it.
- Combining education with the know-how to help people.
- On the passive side of the Fire Protection Industry
- Fire Rated Ventilation Systems
- Engineering product first, duct work product second
- 2 levels of protection, fire outside & fire inside
- Always meets code requirements for whole range of tested sizes
- Always going to be the most cost effective
About STI Firestop
Since 1990 Specified Technologies, Inc. (STI) is a global leader in the firestopping industry. The company manufactures a wide array of products and technologies to provide passive fire protection. Headquartered in Somerville, NJ, STI has sales offices all over the globe. STI Marine is a Division of STI that specializes in marine fire protection in the cruise line, offshore oil and gas, and general maritime industry. STI Marine’s product line consists of a full range of products used for penetration seals and cable transits in fire-rated bulkheads and decks, including water-tight firestop sealants, firestop collars for plastic piping, and an innovative cable transit device. All products comply with the IMO FTP Code and are subject to various Type Approvals include MED, DNV GL, Lloyds Register, ABS, USCG, BV, RINA and more…