Specified Technologies, Eric LaCroix
- Born in Massachusetts, grew up in the Carolina’s, went to college at Umass Dartmouth and then moved back south to work for STI in the Carolinas.
- Studied History at Umass Dartmouth, interested in going into Education
- Worked at a construction supply company while in College.
- Background is in plumbing, but crossed over into FireStop and Fire Protection.
Path to STI
- Worked closely with STI as a distributer. Met VP of Sales, and eventually met others within the company.
- Hired as a territory manager for the Carolinas
- Built relationships with contractors etc, became a regional manager.
- Southeastern regional manager
- Curtain Wall became an area of expertise.
Testing for Perimeter Fire Containment Systems
- Identify opportunities and build relationships with partners.
- Engineers overview the scope of the test specimen.
- Goals are to test real world designs.
- Complicated process that could take 9-12 months.
- Testing at UL and Intertek. Run tests in different labs. All are subjected to requirements.
The STI Advantage
- Works closely with partners of all levels from all over the world
- Developed many of industry firsts over the years
- Always working on something new and innovative.
- Industry best All Weather Spray. Developed new Water Based Spray. New Hybrid Window Wall system.
Book of Solutions
- Provides a roadmap to the latest and greatest designs.
- Broken down by Wall type, Insolation type etc.
About STI Firestop
Since 1990 Specified Technologies, Inc. (STI) is a global leader in the firestopping industry. The company manufactures a wide array of products and technologies to provide passive fire protection. Headquartered in Somerville, NJ, STI has sales offices all over the globe. STI Marine is a Division of STI that specializes in marine fire protection in the cruise line, offshore oil and gas, and general maritime industry. STI Marine’s product line consists of a full range of products used for penetration seals and cable transits in fire-rated bulkheads and decks, including water-tight firestop sealants, firestop collars for plastic piping, and an innovative cable transit device. All products comply with the IMO FTP Code and are subject to various Type Approvals include MED, DNV GL, Lloyds Register, ABS, USCG, BV, RINA and more…