In-Building Wireless Communications
May 27th @ 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM EDT
In partnership with Specified Technologies Inc., this one-hour seminar with Chris Godwin, Chief Technology Officer & Lisa Jardine, Director of Communications at RF Solutions will cover the history of public safety in-building wireless communications, including the events leading up to the passing of national codes, and an overview of the NFPA and IFC codes. Additionally, the course covers in-building public safety terminology, various examples of the way the codes have been adopted in different cities, gathering requirements from local AHJs, and the differences in designing and installing public safety systems in new construction vs. retrofits.
- Identifying the events leading up to the recognition of the need for in-building coverage and the current national and regional code creation.
- Understanding the key code requirements for NFPA 1221 & IFC510, and an overview of the industry terminology.
- Identifying code implementation at local levels including NYC, Philadelphia, Boston, and D.C. as examples.
- Understanding the challenges of obtaining requirements from local Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJs).
- Understanding the differences in design and installations of public safety systems in new construction vs. retrofits and identifying the pitfalls of an improper design.
This course is registered with AIA for 1.0 LU/HSW.
May 21, 2020 02:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)