Firestop Inspection & Maintenance Evaluation
August 13th @ 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM EDT
This 1-hour seminar is approved with AIA for 1 LU/HSW and BICSI for 1 CEC and will examine the differing code requirements within the International Building Code (IBC), International Fire Code (IFC) and National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) codes and standards for inspection and maintenance of firestop systems installed in new and existing buildings. Attendees will also learn how to recognize, read and interpret a tested and listed system, as well as engineering judgements; and, understand the processes and procedures for firestop system inspections in accordance with the appropriate ASTM standards regarding Firestop Inspection. Finally, the course will review the qualifications that are required of a Firestop Inspector.
1) Review the IBC, IFC and NFPA Materials and learn how to appropriately apply the specific code requirements related to firestop systems.
2) Learn how to identify a Tested and Listed Firestop System.
3) Understand the components of a Firestop Engineering Judgement and why they are required.
4) Review and understand the Firestop Inspection Process and Procedures as outlined in ASTM Standards .
5) Review the necessary qualifications of a 3rd Party Firestop Inspector as per the code requirements.